Want a recipe for the perfect home-made gift for your other half, or even your friends or family? Get RED-y for Valentine’s Day with t guilt-free Red Velvet Cupcakes. They’re sugar-free, gluten-free but still so tasty! Decorate them with these cake decorations from Guenthart to give them that extra little happy touch, and you’ll be sure to impress and put a smile on someone’s face 🙂
Recipe for guilt-free red velvet cupcakes
For the cupcakes
- 2 large cooked beetroot, washed and grated.
- 2 eggs.
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder.
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Pinch of sea salt.
- 1 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 4 tablespoons raw cacao powder.
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil.
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup.
- 1 teaspoon baking powder.
For the icing
- 150g/5½oz full-fat soft cheese
- 1 medium orange, finely grated zest only
1. Preheat oven to 170 C and line a cupcake tin with 12 cupcake cases.
2. Blend all ingredients (in a blender or with a stick blender) until it’s a smooth batter, then divide between the 12 cases.
3. Cook for 40 minutes.
4. To make the frosting, stir the cheese and orange zest together. Spread evenly over the cake